Monday, April 6, 2009

MY DESIGN, MY STYLE, MY ME

I have come to the conclusion that I am a prime candidate for one of those HGTV design shows. Honestly! I know what I like and I know the colors that speak to me (that sounds real artsy - right?) I think that my home, if designed according to my spirit and desires, would be a design enigma.

Nothing would be a rhyme. Instead, everything would be an independent story. Turquoise would dance with orange throughout the living room, a village marketplace reminiscent of Africa or the Caribbean would line the kitchen cabinetry, while brown and stick floral would peek from behind a gold door. On this door would hang a wreath woven with encouraging words waving to all who wandered by. TAKE THAT ON YOU TOP HGTV DESIGNERS!

I have grown into my style and not just in home decor - but in just me. Now I have determined to live in my style no matter what others think or the situation of the day. In fact, I have decided to surround me in my style, my muse my passion, my spirit - me! Sure, I expect some: "what is that?", "Why would you do that?", "that's crazy!". Guess what? I get all of that and more anyway - why not get it for living in the style of ME.


Designers on the rise make a name for themselves by expressing creativity that is not out of the box but totally away from the box. They also gain recognition by developing unique personality in their stylings. Their individual creativity and style is what draws people to them. They really can not and will not be consumed with those who do not like what they bring to the table (or the table they brought to the room) - because they understand it is not about their style. They have come to understand that their style does not have to be your style; yet it can be the perfect flair for the one whose spirit calls for it.

My darling designer create your own style magazine. Give it a name - PIZAZZ, WOW, YEAH BABY, NOIR - whatever is you. Now write the stories that define your style and how you will embrace it in every aspect of your life. You are the cover story. You are the flavor of the season. This style is about you and you are something to behold!

No comments: