Saturday, January 24, 2009

LISTEN - BEFORE YOU NEED A RECOVERY PLAN

My life yelled at me recently. Baby!!! It yelled in a loud, distinct and unmistakable manner. It said and it is saying - there is failure before greatness, there are valleys before greatness, there are problems before greatness, and in every measure of anticipated and expected success there are measures of well - hell - to walk through. Can I let you in on a little secret? My life, in hindsight, probably had been whispering the things it started yelling - but I'm a little hard of hearing in my left ear and I am prone to being stubborn. My mother will tell you that of her three children, I am the most stubborn. Here is the thing - life has no respect of stubbornness. If I were a charismatic Baptist preacher, I would say - "oh y'all don't hear me. I said life has no respect of stubbornness."



Since it does not, life and God will wait you out until they get tired of you. I mean really, God owns time and life, you can not wait Him out. I admit I have tried. Silly, silly me. When my life yelled and I was forced to listen, I realized I had some things that needed to be worked out. There were some things attached to the way and the reasons I do/did things that I had not recognized. In example, the majority of my financial decisions were made from a place of desperation; therefore my finances have always hit crisis mode several times during the year. Life screamed it and I am now dealing with the chastisement of not handling that reality while it was yet a whisper. I began to speak a powerful dream over myself, not realizing that dreams are often manifested through major battles; yet that does not mean the dream is deferred or denied. Life screamed it and I realized I should have paid attention to the warnings to be quiet now or speak now that would stir in my spirit.


When life gets to the point that it has to scream at you or to you, you will find that it will also tell you to get a recovery plan. You will find yourself like major financial institutions and the auto industry - looking for a bailout. Guess what it may not come raining down from heaven and it may not be a plausible solution that people around you will help you out with. You may just have to bail yourself out and do some things to enter into a new level of humility. Your life may effectively tell you that a bail out plan to make you an excellent manager of every area of your life is now necessary and urgent.


If you could see me now you would see my hand is raised for I am so there. While the God I serve is so able to send one person into my life to address the pressing need for emergency money - He has not. While money does answer all things, what needs answering for me is not the things that need money but the actions and mindsets that created the need. I am not being favored with cash, but favored with understanding. While the God I love is more than able to speak healing into my body - He has not. By His stripes I am surely healed and am more healed when I recognize that this temple was given to me for a reason and what I experience in it is for a bigger purpose. Since it is, I am being favored with a new respect for it and a renewed desire to live.


Life said, "Ms. Thing get a bailout plan so that you can get exceedingly, abundantly, above all you can ask for." That means making some decisions that bring tears to my eyes. That means having and working through brief moments of feeling like a failure. That means letting go of and returning some material things that no longer fit. That means being uncomfortable in my lifestyle in order to become comfortable in my life - before it yells at me again.


Take a look at your life areas: money, health, family, spirit, professional/ business; does your life need a bailout plan? Is your life headed towards needing a bailout plan? Are you missing the whispers and inviting life to YELL? In every significant area of your life write one distinct vision and one pivotal question - is my life following my vision in this area? If not, a life bailout plan is in order. What goes into your bailout plan depends on your vision, therefore discuss it with you only or with one person who knows your sincere spirit and will be honest with you. This plan is about what your life is showing you and not what others think about what you should do in your life - being mindful of that is vital. In a country where large corporate bailouts are becoming as normal as pulling through a fast food drive thru - now is the perfect time to re-order a slice of life that is effective, feasible and divinely-blessed. Grab a shovel and bail out, because when life yells it is deafening.


E. Claudette Freeman,
Arise, Write, Release

No comments: